Oh no, the great molt has begun!

Like everyone else, I'm sure, I wake up each morning, look on the pillow for stray hair, ruffle my head to see if anything falls out and then yank in a few places to see what's up. This morning the pillow test was ok, a bit more than usual it seems filtered from my ruffling but good Lord, everywhere I yanked little tufts pulled out... yikes! It's started. First thing I did was look out the window to see if it was windy or not - I pictured myself out today with Miss Daisy in a stiff breeze with my frizz leaving my head like a demented dandelion. Good news - no wind. My next thoughts were how to keep it from falling out in clumps and leaving me looking like Mr. Burns. While all these ridiculous thoughts to stall the inevitable were roiling in my head I checked some e-mails and found this from my dear friend Pat, Laurie's mom:

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.'Well,' she said, 'I think I'll braid my hair today.'So she did and she had a wonderful day.The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head.'H-M-M,' she said,'I think I'll part my hair down the middle today.'So she did and she had a grand day.The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head.'Well,' she said, 'today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail.'So she did, and she had a fun, fun day.The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head.'YAY!' she exclaimed.'I don't have to fix my hair today!'

Attitude is everything.Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.Live simply, Love generously,Care deeply, Speak kindly.......Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain. (And I will!)

Thanks Pat. You're another constellation in the Starburst that makes me grateful for our friendship and family connection. As you bask in your beloved retirement (as of today!) and prepare for your wonderful mission to the Galapagos for the next 3 weeks, we'll be keeping you in our hearts and anxiously awaiting your return - hopefully to welcome our newest grandbaby - which I'm betting my $$ on being a boy - no reason at all, just because. Should he/she arrive before your return, be comforted in knowing that THIS Nana will be hugging for both of us! I'll make sure Little Lemon gets extra kisses from his/her bald Nana on both our behalfs.

No comments: