5 Days to go

Well, I'm hoping that this is a good idea to be able to keep all of you who want to know how my chemo adventure is progressing. It's been a great boost to me to know that the people that mean the most to me are actually interested in being part of my journey. And that's what it will be... complete with hills, valleys, sunshine, rain and everything in between. Keep popping by and see what rambling thoughts have made it from my head to the page on any given day and don't be afraid to join in. I may not answer right away if I'm extraordinarily busy sleeping, reading or doing something else just as taxing but I'm looking forward to keeping in touch this way. Until I get the rhythm of this thing down, I'll probably not be phoning much.

Just to bring everyone up to date, my first (dreaded) chemo treatment is on Mon Aug 11 in the morning. To date, I've had every test possible (all good results!) and had a port-a-cath put in yesterday. I'm a junkie's nightmare with miserable little veins (yes, I was fired by the Red Cross and told to never come back to give blood again) that go into hiding every time they see a needle. My little port-buddy is under my skin just above my heart on the left side and will be my friend through the next year or so for putting stuff in and taking stuff out. Look ma, no hands!

I've read as much as I can about my treatments so I think I'm prepared - probably for the worst but I hope it's like labour... the stories get worse the more they're told. I'm a pretty tough nut so, with the right combination of meds, vitamins, good food & natural stuff I'm hoping it won't be too bad.

Anyway, stay tuned and check in when you can. I promise that this won't look like a medical journal. I'll be making sure that all the other exciting things in my life take priority here.

Thanks for dropping by!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Well, Tiger, tomorrow is the big day. I send you many peaceful thoughts and some fun ones, also.