Day One.... done...

Well, I won't lie and say it was pleasant. Laura and I had a fine time at the initital treatment. They sure look after you well and cater to your every need. Was OK until about 3pm then it started to go downhill. However, my fighting team super hero team of Zofran, Decadron and Stemetil finally started to kick in after about 7 so I did manage to get some sleep and feel a bit more human this morning. I will never turn up my nose, however, to anyone who does not appreciate the benefits of 'back end medication' if you get my drift! I don't think I will ever be able to stand the smell of food let alone eat it for the rest of my life judging by how I feel today. Hopefully that will pass or I'll be back in a size O before I know it. Day by day, I guess and hopefully tomorrow will be the last lousy one.

4 comments:

Neil Mac said...

Atta girl Cathy. Size "0". No way.

Westcoast Judy said...

Way to go Cathy....you're amazing. Hang in there & keep fighting...I'm sure your appetite will return!

Jeanne said...

Dearest C. Important news comes slowly to Ottawa, but now that I'm in the loop and have finally figured out this blog stuff--what do you think you're up to? This whole business just isn't on! You've already had your allotted number of life's horrible challenges and not only survived, but thrived. So, if this one has to be met it's obvious you're dealing with it like the feisty old broad I know and love. Never give in. Never give up. Keep writing. Keep smiling. No negativity--I've got my beady eye on you (even if it is through trifocal lenses). Know that my best thoughts are with you (and Wanda) every day. Hugs.

For your lazy days book list: anything by Joanna Trollope.

Cathy said...

Trollope, good lord Jeanne, what is one of my oldest friends thinking of me! Glad you found me here, since this whole ratty mess is not one I wanted to blast to the world but it makes me feel great to know that the ones I'm closest to are in my corner - or bed - as it is today. Fight, fight, fight for sure. I'm determined to win yet this next battle.