Ups and downs

Well, it was a busy week last week. Between T#2, Rion's arrival on Thurs, lots of running around on Friday then heading to Pointe au Baril, I guess I'm not surprised that I 'crashed' on Saturday. Probably sat in the sun too long, didn't drink enough after being unhooked from my IV and generally just pretended there was nothing wrong with me... wrong. I spent most of Saturday afternoon on the couch either sleeping or dozing while everyone else had a great dinner and sat around the fire. Oh, well, Sunday was better but still not good enough for me to get out on the boat other than to get back to the dock. My great plans to take Laura and Jamie to Henry's for fresh fish (on the boat) never happened. Nausea and a 2 hour boat ride probably wouldn;t have been the best company! Taking it easy today around the house, avoiding Grandma who has a cold and wiping everything with my Lysol wipes that could harbour a germ!
Finally heard from one of my friends on Provo - Grand Turk and South Caicos are pretty much destroyed after Hanna and Ike - airport control tower, hospital, government buildings, jail etc. will all have to be rebuilt. Provo is just starting to get power back after 2 weeks and it will take time before things are anywhere near normal. Glad to hear that there were no major injuries but this was the worst hurricane they've had since the 60's and Ike is still packing a powerful punch as he heads to the US gulf coast - not what they need again either.
Well, my plan is to get to Cayuga on Wed to deliver some stuff to Dan and Laurie, spend some time with Rion so they can get some other things done. Between the post-baby-birth hormone crash, sleep deprivation and a business to run, they're run ragged and just trying to keep up at the moment. If I can help out a bit that will be great. Sara and I will be heading to the wine class on Saturday night and then they can get their bearings back a bit before the next Twisted Lemon class series gets under way. I remember well the feeling of being frazzled when I brought Kathleen home with 2 others under 5 to look after - CRAZY!!! but somehow we manage to muddle through.

2 comments:

Neil Mac said...

Hi Cathy,
I'm glad things are going as well for you as can be expected. I know more than one of your Class of 72 buddies a re thinking of you and read your BLOG everyday even if like me they have dificulties posting a comment.

(((HUGGS)))

Neil Mac

Cathy said...

Thanks Neil, one day at a time. Day 6 & 7 seem to be the turning point to back to normal. Off to visit my grandson today and see if I can help out a bit. That will be a spirit-booster for sure! Thanks for all the good thoughts from everyone.