T2... what a treat!

The actual treatment went as per ususal. There is no pain, no reaction during the treatment and the volunteers like to come around with food/drinks - very nice. I rant into a lady that started the same treatment as me the same day 3 weeks ago - she had no nausea/sickness at all but got a fever on the Sunday and ended up in hospital for 4 days on antibiotics - no fun. I guess it's true that you really need to be vigilant about being around people with colds, washing doorknobs etc. My blood counts were even higher than the initital readings so that's great and my echocardigram shows the ticker is still ticking!

With much discussion about my reaction last time, we changed the prototcol and got rid of the anti-nausea Stemetil I was taking and replaced it with good old garden variety gravol - works like a charm. No nausea at all. I still take the Zofran every 12 hours over day 1 and 2 and the Decadron day 1/2/3 but then the Gravol every 4 hours and the ATivan to keep me pretty laid back. I'm hooked up to an IV hydradtion drip today and tomorrow for 4 hours each day but R2D2 and I just wander around the first floor between the kitchen table to work, the kitchen for food, the bathroom and the couch for chillin! The CCAC case worker is due any minute to do an assessment but if this is the pattern, I'm good with this for sure!

No comments: