Up and down, up and down....

That's how it's felt the past week or so... either I'm busy and involved, or doing nothing - and I mean nothing. Between attending Twisted Lemon's fabulous California Wine class last Saturday night, a work-related meeting, being part of the judging committee for our Small Business Week activity and seeing a great independent movie on Monday ('The Visitor - excellent!), there have been some interesting, mind-tuning things going on. In between, however, is the NOTHING - sounds like something from The Neverending Story. I have come to realize that I'm not a homebody - I don't do projects or crafts, not much of a cook (we don't starve), hate housework and have an uncanny ability to put off all those little things that should get done. I had a long talk with myself yesterday and 'we' came to the conclusion that I will go absolutely crazy unless I start putting some structure into my days to get even some small things accomplished. Now I know how miserable it can be for people who retire that don't have 'a plan'.... I surely didn't have a plan when I went into all of this, probably assuming that I wouldn't feel much like doing anything healthwise. Unfortunately - fortunately, really! - I feel fine except for a few days after treatment. I will go absolutely stir-crazy unless I get myself motivated and start making lists of things that really could be accomplished over the next months. Even small things like cleaning out our office, cleaning and sorting closets, really going through the storage room downstairs, some small painting projects etc. will keep me occupied. Won't add to my skill level on a resume but I'm sure I'll feel much better when they're done - kind of like those government 'make work' projects. I'll just keep telling myself that. That's my moan for the day - not very informative or creative but it will have to do.

No comments: