Free bird....

Dave, not me. Kissed him goodbye as he headed out to Phoenix Sat morning until next Thurs. Poor guy has to spend the next 5 days at a beautiful Arizona resort, play golf and sandwich a few days of business meetings into his recreational activities! Seriously, they'll get a lot of work done but it's sure nice to do it in a beautiful spot - especially when it's 98F, sunny and not humid. I'm drooling with envy. Taking Miss Daisy to Swiss Chalet today for lunch (I REALLY need to get out of the house), then starting some painting. We started the project on the stairs in the spring then got stumped by how to finish so painting the spindles white may get our butts in gear to decide on the final solution. It would be sooooooo nice to get this finished and the main floor hardwood done by Christmas. The deck demolition may get done this fall as well (hopefully the end of October), ready for reconstruction outside in preparation for Kathleen & Chris' wedding in July. Starting to tick off tasks in that regard. We've got the food ordered and they're bottled their wine yesterday... mmmmm. Bathrooms will get done in the spring too - when I'm back at work and am living above the poverty line again! It was very disappointing not to get to Chudleighs for apple picking on Saturday with Sara and Emy but I couldn't chance picking up her cold - delaying any of my treatments is the last thing I want to do. Normally I wouldn't have given it a second thought, now I'm turning into a nervous Nellie. Once Tuesday's done I'll be 50% there, yeah! Probably shouldn't be taking the time and $$ to go to Pawleys but it's essential for my sanity - I can honestly say that I think & feel completely differently when I'm there - it's my own personal little mind-escape. Kathleen and Chriss will come and stay at the house so I'm reassured Grandma isn't on her own for 8 days. I'm hoping next weekend will be nice enough for a hike through Mono Cliffs park - I love it there in the fall. I love fall in general and especially this year knowing that all this treatment mess will be done by fall's end. I'm also very happy that Laurie's mom Pat arrived home from her exciting S. American mission trip yesterday and is probably, as I write, cuddling her new grandson in her arms for the first time. Enjoy Pat, he's been waiting for Grandma Pat and Grandpa John's snuggles for 18 days! Hope to see you really soon. Maggie's due to arrive October 1st. It will be great to see her again before she heads back west. Party on the 4th, yahoo!

No comments: