Whew, that was a loooooong haul....

But I've finally turned the corner and actually feel human again. Everyone said that this treatment (FEC) could be really hard on you but I guess I got a bit cocky since it hadn't been bad so far. Well, somebody decided to slap me upside the head and let me know who was in charge this time! But it's done and the next round (Taxotere + Herceptin for anyone that's interested) is not supposed to be nearly as hard to take. But even in the midst of all my misery and 'pity party' there were some lovely bright lights. I was so happy to attend our Small Business Week celebration on Oct 1st and meet up with all my colleagues I haven't seen for a while. It warms my heart to really understand that so many of these people are my friends, not just co-workers. Maggie's back home for a visit from out west and we're all getting together tomorrow - I'm really looking forward to that. This will be Dan and Laurie's first chance to introduce Rion to Grandma - and it's his 1 month birthday! I'll definitely have to get a picture with Sylvia, Dave, Dan and Rion - 4 generations, almost 94 years apart. Then it's off to Pawleys Island on Monday for 8 blissful days. I love going this time of year to grab one last gasp of summer before coming back to fall. Having Laura, Sara and Emy there will be like icing on the cake - this will be Emy's 1st visit to the ocean and we're planning on lots of 'sand and water' time as well as long walks on the beach. I just seem to relax differently while I'm there and I know my two 'nurses' won't let me overdo it in any way. I'll try to post some pics while we're away but otherwise I'll do it when I get back. The good wishes keep coming my way and I truly appreciate every single one of them.

3 comments:

Hendy said...

Enjoy Pawley's Island Cath!
/Hend

Hendy said...

Cath, I don't know if you're back from Pawley's Island yet or not, but it doesn't matter. The following was reprinted (presumably) in the St. James monthly newsletter, the Epistle, and it reminded me of your "Attitude"...

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and saw she had only three hairs on her head.

"Well", she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today." So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror, and saw she had only two hairs on her head.

"Hmmm," she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today." So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror, and saw she had only one hair on her head.

"Well", she said, "today I'm going to wear my hair in a ponytail." So she did and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror, and saw there wasn't a single hair on her head.

"Yay!" she exclaimed, "I don't have to do my hair today!"

Attitude is everything.

/Peter

Cathy said...

Hendy, thanks for that. Yes, we got back last Tues and had a wonderful time. There's a few pics posted now on the blog. Nothing like great family, a 2 year old, the beach and sun to make you feel good. Thanks for posting!