I know I'm always accused of being 'ever the optimist'...

... but not this week. I somehow picked up a cold last Fri. I'd been feeling better and actually managed to get out to get some things done over a couple of days including getting Dave's mom to the hairdresser and for lunch. Regardless of my situation, she depends pretty much on me to get out of the house and not feel like a hermit. All her 'drivers' seem to have gone by the wayside so I try at least once a week to get her to Bradford, lunch and anything else she needs to do... and it's a nice afternoon!

However, by Friday night I knew I was coming down with something. My nose was running like a tap, I was sneezing like crazy and Sat/Sun it hit me hard. I did keep taking my temperature and it's only gone over 38C once (today) and that was probably just an anomaly. My real problem is my nose and my mouth. My nose is so raw it bleeds when I blow it and my mouth and lips are canker-city making it really hard to eat. I did call the clinic and they said my body is just down on its defences and will have to work harder and longer to get better. I haven't poked my head out the door since Friday and I'm feeling like a mushroom - and have about as much energy as one. Also, this is one of the most important few days (workwise) in the sector I work in. Not to go into details but there's a huge amount of work that needs to be done to position organizations like the one I work for for the next stage and I've been reading all the documentation that needs to be prepared. Nothing I can do about it but I can certainly feel guilty about not being there to assist and be part of the whole process. Everyone will be just fine without me but it's hard not being part of something this important for an organization you feel so strongly about.

Hopefully I'll be feeling better by the time Dave leaves for Las Vegas on Saturday. I'll be really jealous knowing he's spending a week in the sun and warmth 'working'!

No comments: