The Start of Phase II - or is it Phase III???

Anyway, today was my first Herceptin/non chemo treatment. Except for the fact that I need to keep remembering that "I" am in mostly in charge of keeping my treatment schedule on track, it went fine. Except for the fact that I waited for bloodwork (which I didn't have to have) and then waited for the Dr. to sign off on the Taxotere (that I've finished), all went smoothly. Next time, I'll make sure I remember to let the desk know exactly what I'm supposed to be getting as soon as I get there - rather than waiting 1/2 an hour only to say "but I'm not suppossed to have that this week", they look it up and say "oh, right". But all I have is time on my hands right now so I can't complain much. When I get back to work it will be more of an issue to try and get the schedule a little less drawn out. Also found out that I really am tired since my blood counts are actually a bit lower than 3 weeks ago - not unusual due to the accumulating effect of the chemo but should start to rebound and move higher over the next 8 weeks, therefore, more energy! I also have low/normal blood pressure (which I've always known) so that doesn't help.

Anyway, enough medical stuff. I met up with Sara and Emily this afternoon and we did a bit more Christmas shopping. Poor M's suffering from the remains of a cold and cough and was fine for the first 1/2 hour but then showed her true 'terrible 2' colours and wasn't having much fun for the rest of the expedition - sitting in the shopping cart is equivalent to torture it seems - she wants to 'me walk' but it's like walking with a darting gekko! Sara had that typical 'frazzled Mom' look on her face, especially after Emily was playing "on the chair/off the chair" in McDonald's (she wanted lunch and then ate nothing!) and ended up on her head upside down between the chair and the wall. No blood or major catastrophe but that signalled the end of our shopping day. At least until the alarm went off when we were leaving and the ancient "Santa-greeter" decided all our stuff needed to be inspected and he disappeared with only 1 of 5 bags for what seemed like forever. Only to say it was OK and when the alarm went off again and not to pay any attention and just keep going.... duh! Hopefully our predicted 'Snowmaggedon' won't be as bad as they say tomorrow and I can head to the mall to maybe even finish????? A story for another day!

No comments: